Before You Arrive
This information is for students who have booked accommodation at Castle Irwell, Constantine and Horlock Courts.
For directions and travel information please click here
A huge programme of welcome events are available, and many of them are free of charge. The events will give you an opportunity to meet other students, see some of the local area if you are new to Salford, and help you settle in. Some of the events will take place at the University, and other include trips to Manchester and other locations. Full details of the welcome programme are detailed here.
To book your place for any of the events you need to register online with our online event booking system, and then book your place on the events you are interested in.
You can also book a free transfer from Manchester Airport, if you will be travelling to Manchester by air.
What is provided in my bedroom?
- A single bed
- Desk and chair
- Data cable
- A pillow and mattress cover are provided at all accommodation choices but you may wish to bring additional pillows and cushions.
- Bedding packs are also available to purchase on arrival for £20
What is provided in the kitchen?
- A fridge and freezer
- An electric oven, grill and hob
- A microwave
- Tables, chairs or breakfast bar
Are any other items provided in the accommodation?
Each flat or house includes an ironing board, dustpan and brush and mop and bucket and vacuum cleaner.
Items of additional furniture such as beds, futons, chairs, settees and additional fridges/freezers are not permitted due to space restrictions and fire regulations.
What should I bring with me?
- A duvet, single or fitted sheet, towels and pillowcases (or you can buy a bedding pack)
- A couple of plates, bowls, mugs, glasses and cutlery
- Couple of pans
- A desk or bedside light
- Coat hangers
- A small mirror for your bedroom
- Tea-towels, toilet rolls, tin opener and corkscrew
- Kettle and toaster ( it may be worth waiting until you move in as someone else may have brought them )
- Spare cash
- Bank account details, cashcard and chequebook
- An alarm clock
- ID such as passport, driving licence and National Insurance Number if you want to look for a part time job
- Address book
- Tea, coffee, juice, milk, pasta, tins such as beans, cheese, etc. to last a few days
- Washing powder
If you have any questions about moving in please contact a member of the advice team at email@example.com