Private Sector Accommodation
Manchester Student Homes
Manchester Student Homes is owned and managed by Manchester Metropolitan University and The University of Manchester and the free services are also available to students of The Manchester College, Royal Northern College of Music and University of Salford students. There are two main types of accommodation – privately owned/managed halls of residence and shared houses or flats. For details of available rooms in private halls please use this link. As the rooms available will be changing on an hourly basis it may also be worth contacting the halls directly to check what is available before making an application. There are likely to be cancellations or students who do not arrive so rooms may become available at short notice.
Alternatively if you would prefer to look for a house to share with other students you can use this search facility and search for properties by location, price and other options.
Before applying for any accommodation we recommend you refer to the following guide.
Telephone: +44 (0) 161 275 7680
Things to bear in mind...
Before you pay any deposits or sign a contract it is important that:
- You view the property if possible
- You understand what the weekly or monthly rent includes
- You know if you are responsible for any utility bills
- You know how long the contract is for
- If there are any other costs associated with the property e.g. internet connection or parking
- If there is any arrangement or letting fee (this usually applies when a letting or management agent is involved)
- You check to make sure your deposit enters a deposit protection scheme
List of Hotels in the Local Area
We have compiled a list of local hotels and hostels, which you may find useful in case you have yet to find accommodation. Please click here to download the list.